Saturday 28 July 2018

One Sketch #125) Ferris Wheel

Life is a like a Ferris Wheel
Ups and downs
And going round and round in circles.


This is the biggest sketch I've done in this one sketch challenge. It's in acrylic, on a 16x20 inch canvas board. It's a not very interesting story - basically my wife wanted this design on a large canvas board to put up in the bathroom. I'll be honest, I'm not totally in love with it, but if she likes it then the time I put into it, the canvas board and the black paint are a cheap price to pay. 

I did take some photos as I was making this in my studio. I began in pencil:-
It's not a great photo, but at least you can see the two elipses I started with. 

 At this stage the wheel is beginning to emerge:-
And this is the pencil sketch finished. I'll be honest, I rather wish I'd just gone over the pencil lines in ink, as I do thin that this is more effective than the finished painting. Well, never mind. The client - my wife - likes it so that'll do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up . . .

Been a while, hasn't it?  Don't worry, I haven't given up sketching. No, I just haven't got round to posting anything. Now, ...