Thursday 5 April 2018

One sketch #10 Espresso Bar Swansea

Yes, the fact is that I didn't get time to post yesterday. Ideally I would post the same day as I make the sketches, but I have to allow myself the leeway to post the next day, or as soon as possible, so long as I do actually make the sketch on the right day. In other words, it's my game and I'm playing by my rules. Here's the sketch: -

I've seen this building so many times, since it's almost directly opposite Swansea station. I like the mural painted on the side of the building, and it's own distinctive architecture. As for verse, well. . .

Pour me a cup of coffee,
Rich and deep,
Strong as you like, and bitter
Who needs sleep?

Actually, I do. I've had real problems getting a good night's sleep for a long time, and yesterday I started reading Matthew Walker's "Why Do We Sleep?" in the hope of picking up some ideas. One of the things I have found really interesting is his explanation of the effects of caffeine. So much so that I have limited myself to just one cup of coffee so far today. We'll see if it brings any benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up . . .

Been a while, hasn't it?  Don't worry, I haven't given up sketching. No, I just haven't got round to posting anything. Now, ...