Saturday 12 May 2018

One Sketch #48) Insole Court


Built on the sweat of the many
For the comfort of the few
Now, a free pleasure for all.
(Apart from the cappuccino
Which is bloody expensive)

Today was monthly sketchcrawl day with the South Wales Urban Sketchers chapter. Insole Court was also the venue for the February sketchcrawl which was the only one I've had to miss this year. Lovely place if you like this kind of sprawling, heavy Victorian Gothic revival architecture. Even if you don't, the grounds are well worth a look.

I thoroughly enjoyed this, not least because about half a dozen people all came up for a look while I was making the watercolour sketch above, and were very complimentary. My ego needs all the boosting it can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up . . .

Been a while, hasn't it?  Don't worry, I haven't given up sketching. No, I just haven't got round to posting anything. Now, ...