Saturday 19 May 2018

One Sketch #55) RAF 100 celebrations - Typhoon Eurofighter outside Cardiff City Hall

The grey bird sits
Inert but deadly
Waiting to make its way
Through hardship
To the stars.

In the South Wales Sketchers Chapter Facebook group yesterday Scott, one of the members, posted that today and tomorrow their are a number of historic RAF aircraft on display outside Cardiff City Hall, as part of the RAF centenary celebrations. Well, I am not the kind of sketcher to look a gifthorse like this in the mouth. I made several sketches, which you can see below. The only problem was that there was nowhere to sit so I had to sketch standing up, and the positions I wanted to stand in to sketch were right out in the open, so my neck is quite nastily sunburned. Never mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up . . .

Been a while, hasn't it?  Don't worry, I haven't given up sketching. No, I just haven't got round to posting anything. Now, ...