Saturday 14 July 2018

One Sketch #111) Afan Argoed and River Afan


On Afan Argoed's paths
I'm never lonely,
There's plenty pass on bikes
Or Shanks's pony.

The drought has seen the River Afan wane
Shrinking underneath the steelworks' cranes.

This morning I was on a bit of a time budget, scheduled as I was to look after my 3 year old granddaughter from 12. So I started off making a quick ink sketch of the River Afan. Actually I did wonder if it would be quite a bit lower, bearing in mind that it's weeks since we saw a significant amount of rain. After that though I drove up the Afan Valley to the Afan Argoed Country Park. It's a bit of a mecca for mountain bikers. I'm not, but I don't mind a nice hike, and the walk along where the old railway line up to Cymmer used to be is particularly nice.

I still made it back in time for Mimi, and we had a lovely time painting together, thanks for asking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up . . .

Been a while, hasn't it?  Don't worry, I haven't given up sketching. No, I just haven't got round to posting anything. Now, ...