Sunday 17 March 2019

One Sketch 357) (only 8 left to go) Guinness Poster

I'm not fond of bitter, cider
lager, Guinness too
The evening that I downed three pints
I ended on the loo

- shouting downstairs to ask my mother to put some toilet paper in the fridge for me, as I recall. Well that was decades ago, and for all I know it might well have been the ruby murray that I ate afterwards. Still, I've never touched a drop of Guinness since. Well, I don't drink alcohol at all now - that's not from a moral standpoint or anything like that, I just don't like it very much, and I'm to old to do something I don't want to just to make other people happy.

So coming to this, it's a copy of an old Guinness poster. I'd lay odds that they wouldn't be able to make claims like this about the product now, although I don't know, since I'm told that Irish stout is actually a good source of iron. Whatever, the prompt in today's Sketching Every Day was Slainte - and being the Gaelic for good health/cheers etc. Guinness just seemed to suggest itself to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up . . .

Been a while, hasn't it?  Don't worry, I haven't given up sketching. No, I just haven't got round to posting anything. Now, ...