Sunday 29 April 2018

One Sketch #35) AEC Regent Bus Swansea Bus Museum

Well, I have to say that I had the most pleasant morning. I've been meaning to visit the museum for several weeks, but it's only open on a Sunday and this year it's moved premises. Never mind. I had a really nice chat with David, the chap who was on the desk when I arrived, made sure that he didn't mind me making a sketch, and then got on with it. There wasn't anywhere to sit down, so I made this one standing up. This is one of a very few single decker buses in the museum - it was made for use in Llanelli, to fit under bridges in the docks. I showed it to David, and he was extremely complimentary - asked me to be the first person to sign the brand new visitors' book, and took a photo of me holding my sketch for the Museum's newsletter. How nice was that?

Faithful iron horse
In peaceful retirement
Her dreams are of diesel
And the hot, sticky tarmac
Of summer dock roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up . . .

Been a while, hasn't it?  Don't worry, I haven't given up sketching. No, I just haven't got round to posting anything. Now, ...