Saturday 5 May 2018

One Sketch #41) Penarth



Sitting over the sea
looking back at the land
feeling as if nothing
can go wrong
Nothing seems to bad
when the sun is on your back
(except sunburn)

I like a good pier. I don't mind a mediocre one for that matter, and a bad one will do at a pinch, but I do like a nice, Victorian pier. When I was thinking about potential sketching locations this morning, it occurred to me that in 32 years living in South Wales I've never visited Penarth Pier. So, with every promise of it turning out to be a beautiful day, I set off for the pier this morning. I made the watercolour sketch actually sitting on the pier looking back at the land, and I had that lovely thing which happens when people come up to have a look at what you're doing and a chat. I'm like anyone else, I might try tosound modest but I love compliments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up . . .

Been a while, hasn't it?  Don't worry, I haven't given up sketching. No, I just haven't got round to posting anything. Now, ...