Saturday 14 April 2018

One Sketch #17) Vytautas the Great Bridge, Kaunas (Wednesday 11th)

Yes, I know that I haven't posted for several days, but that was because I couldn't log onto the blog in Kaunas. I still sketched ever day - in fact in 4 days I did the best part of 20 sketches. This first is from Wednesday 12th, my first full day in Lithuania. Whenever I go for a city break anywhere I always like to seek out the mot impressive or interesting bridge in the city, if it has one. I have a thing about bridges. This one is interesting because it was built in 1948, just after the end of war, and during the Soviet occupation.

I did cross the bridge - all part of the ritual - and again the next day, where I made a watercolour sketch of the Vytautas the Great Church as the other end.

Water flows below this bridge
Moved by the maelstrom of History

* To see ALL of my Kaunas Sketches , use the link on the right to visit my sister blog, Sketching Around Europe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up . . .

Been a while, hasn't it?  Don't worry, I haven't given up sketching. No, I just haven't got round to posting anything. Now, ...