Saturday 14 April 2018

One Sketch #18) Laisves Aleja in Kaunas (Thursday 12th April)

Laisves Aleja is a long, straight pedestrianised thoroughfare - whose name I believe translates into English as Freedom Avenue. It runs to the Archangel Michael Church, and almost has something of the aspect of a Parisian Boulevard.

It's well worth taking a stroll along its length - if you like architecture as I do you'll see a range of different styles. The avenue is well furnished with benches along its length, so it was very pleasant to sit down and make this watercolour sketch.

I quite like this. I don't find colour an easy thing to use or to judge, so I can't help being pleased when the end result resembles what I was trying to achieve in my head.

Sun is on my back
And now that the wind has dropped
Feel the breath of Spring

* To see ALL of my Kaunas Sketches , use the link on the right to visit my sister blog, Sketching Around Europe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up . . .

Been a while, hasn't it?  Don't worry, I haven't given up sketching. No, I just haven't got round to posting anything. Now, ...