Sunday 12 August 2018

Saturday 11th August One Sketch #139) San Isidro


The town bakes in the morning sun
Time slows to a gentle crawl
As we creep towards siesta.

I ventured out on my own by about 11:30 on Saturday morning, knowing that I had a relatively short window of time before it would become too hot to do absolutely anything at all. I made the quick line and wash sketch of the town , and then went and sat in my favourite public space in San Isidro. Again, it's a place that I've sketched before.
The local train station here is very new, and was only built within the last few years. Now, when they demolished the older station which stood there, they re-erected the platform canopy, and the wall of the station building which faced onto the platform, in a street in the town. I’ve never been there for a performance but I understand that they do have music there sometimes. There are a couple of benches though, and it was pleasant to sit in the shade of the canopy and sketch a couple of the houses opposite. It would have been very pleasant if not for the flies. Both elbows and my right calf copped it from them, and are itching like hell this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up . . .

Been a while, hasn't it?  Don't worry, I haven't given up sketching. No, I just haven't got round to posting anything. Now, ...