Sunday 12 August 2018

Tuesday 7th August One Sketch #)135 - Madrid Cathedral De Almudena

I find that I like to take stock
Of Cathedrals so highly Baroque.
Their domes and their towers
Transfix me for hours
I'd never be tempted to mock.

This is right next door to the massive Palacio Real, and it is literally so huge that I couldn't get far away enough from the façade and the aspect on the main road to have been able to make a sketch without straining my neck. Then, on the Tuesday, I approached it from another direction and found a bench with this perfect vantage point.

Here's other sketches I made on the same day:-




No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up . . .

Been a while, hasn't it?  Don't worry, I haven't given up sketching. No, I just haven't got round to posting anything. Now, ...